Spicy Chicken ‘N Noodles
Nutrisystem Member Recipe
This creative recipe comes from NutriSystem member Robin in St. Louis, Missouri. She says, “I was craving hot and spicy buffalo wings, so I came up with this NutriSystem-friendly version. It satisfied my craving and was very filling.”
Counts as dinner entrée + 1 fat serving + free foods
- 1 oz. whole-wheat elbow noodles (1/4 cup dry noodles)
- 1 NutriSystem Chicken Patty
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon fat-free mayo
- 2 Tablespoons low-fat blue cheese salad dressing
- 1-2 teaspoons hot wing sauce, to taste
- Two slices tomato, cubed
- dash of celery seed
- Cook pasta according to package; rinse in cold water until pasta is cooled, then drain well.
- Cut NutriSystem chicken patty into small cubes and stir into noodles.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Refrigerate a half hour before serving.
The recipe was submitted to a registered dietitian before publication to ensure that it complied with the NutriSystem Meal Plan.
Here Are Some Helpful Dieting Tips For Eating Out At Restaurants
Behavior Guidelines for Dining Out
Positioning your mindset before you even enter a restaurant
Prepare yourself for healthy eating
• realize it’s not always a big special occasion or reason for binge eating
• change your focus from”getting your money’s worth” to enjoying the entire dining experience
Pre-plan before you go
• don’t save up calories earlier in the day but make your meal fit into your regular schedule
• do not starve yourself before going out
• avoid temptation by considering what you may want to order ahead of time
• eat slowly (especially in the first 10 minutes) and enjoy
• try to be the last one to finish
• take frequent beverage sips
• leave food on your plate
• signal the waitperson to remove your plate as soon as you’re finished
• don’t equate a bloated feeling or clean container with the fullness
• give your stomach time to tell your brain it’s full (approx. 20 minutes)
Enjoy the environment
• try noticing the sights, smells, and music in the air
• appreciate being waited on and not having to cook or clean up