And since all of the meals are pre-portioned, there is no weighing, measuring, or counting calories and points.
Check out the list of the delicious Nutrisystem foods you can choose:
NUTRISYSTEM WOMEN’S FOODS FOR 2008
Here’s a list of delicious Nutrisystem foods you can choose from on the Women Over 60 Program Menu:
Nutrisystem Meals have Color-Coded Packaging.
Breakfasts – Blue
Lunches – Green
Dinners – Red
Desserts – Pink
• Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal-Naturally and Artificially Flavored
• Apple Granola Bar
• Apple Strudel Scone
• Blueberry Flavored Pancake Mix
• Blueberry Muffin
• Chocolate Chip Granola Bar Naturally and Artificially Flavored
• Cinnamon Swirl Granola Bar
• Cranberry Granola Bar
• Cranberry Orange Pastry
• Lowfat Granola Cereal
• Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
• NutriCinnamon Squares Cereal
• NutriFlakes Cereal – 40% Bran Flakes
• NutriFrosted Crunch Cereal
• Pancake Mix
• Peanut Butter Granola Bar
• Scrambled Eggs
• Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar Cheese
• Beans & Ham Soup
• Black Bean Tortilla Soup
• Black Beans and Rice
• Cheese Tortellini
• Cheesy Cream of Broccoli Soup
• Chicken A La King
• Chicken and Pasta in Cacciatore Sauce
• Chicken Noodle Soup
• Chicken Salad • Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
• Chocolate Raspberry Bar
• Fettucini Alfredo
• Fudge Graham Bar
• Hearty Minestrone Soup
• Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables
• Pasta Parmesan with Broccoli
• Pasta with Beef • Split Pea Soup
• Vegetable Beef Soup
• BBQ Sauce over Beef, Beans, and Rice
• Beef and Mushroom Gravy with Pasta
• Beef Pot Roast with Vegetables & Gravy
• Beef Tacos
• Cheese and Spinach Ravioli with Meat Sauce
• Cheese Ravioli with Basil Tomato Sauce
• Chicken Breast Patty
• Chicken Pasta Parmesan
• Chicken with Dumplings
• Flame-Broiled Beef Patty – Cooked
• Flatbread Pizza
• Florentine Sauce with Chicken Fettuccini
• Green Pepper Steak with Rice
• Hearty Beef Stew
• Homestyle Chicken Noodles with Gravy
• Lasagna with Meat Sauce Textured Vegetable Protein Added
• Lemon Butter Sauce with Chicken and Noodles
• Macaroni & Cheese
• Macaroni & Cheese with Beef
• Mashed Potatoes with Meatloaf and Tomato Sauce
• Mushroom Gravy with Rice and Salisbury Steak
• Mushroom Risotto
• Pasta Fagioli
• Pasta Primavera with Tofu
• Rotini with Meatballs and Tomato Sauce
• Stroganoff Sauce with Beef and Noodles
• Tender Beef with Vegetables
• Teriyaki Sauce, Rice, Beef, and Vegetables
• Thick Crust Pizza
• Thin Crust Pizza with Cheese
• Three Cheese Pasta with Chicken
• Vegetable Fajita
• Vegetable Lasagna with Basil Tomato Sauce
• Vegetarian Chili
• Wedged Potatoes with Sliced Beef Steak
• Zesty Cajun Style Chicken and Sausage with Brown Rice
• BBQ Soy Chips
• Blueberry Lemon Dessert Bar
• Caramel Popcorn
• Chocolate Caramel Dessert Bar
• Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding
• Chocolate Crunch Bar
• Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
• Double Chocolate Almond Cookie
• Fudge Brownie
• Honey Mustard Pretzel Sticks
• Hot Cocoa
• Microwaveable Chocolate Cake
• Mint Chocolate Crunch Bar
• Nacho Crisps
• Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
• Peanut Butter Cookie
• Sour Cream and Onion Soy Chips
• Strawberry Shortcake Bar
• White Cheddar Soy Chips
• White Chocolate Chunk Cookie
• Zesty Herb Snack Mix
On NutriSystem, you add-in fresh fruit, vegetables, salads, and dairy items.
*foods subject to change
Easier, Healthier. Now with a unique, heart-healthy ingredient and more crave-busting power to tackle hunger. So you can eat what you love, feel full longer, and lose weight. Nutrisystem, only their best diet food program ever!
Nutrition For The Elderly
Author: Jenny Gill
Healthy eating and nutrition for the elderly are significantly impacted by several factors, including a change in body composition. During the later years in life, the body will lose bone and muscle and gain fat because the hormones aren’t very active anymore.
Many factors hinder an older adult’s health.
The information below will help you to lead a healthy life – no matter how old you may be.
1. Water: Water is the body decreases with age so that many older folks will become dehydrated very quickly. Sometimes they won’t feel thirsty, while other times, it’s too much work to pour a glass of water. With this in mind, it’s recommended that they drink at least 1 ounce of water for every 2.2 pounds of weight.
2. Protein: At this stage in life, protein is essential.
Protein is needed to support a healthy immune system and prevent the wasting of muscle. Since energy needs are less, older folks should eat high-quality protein such as eggs, lean meats, poultry, and fish.
3. Carbs and fiber: Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy for the entire body. You can find carbs in bread, cereals, pasta, and other grain products. A diet that’s high in fiber and water will help to prevent constipation as well.
4. Fat: Fat intake for the elderly should be limited, not eliminated. You can limit fat by choosing lean meats, low-fat dairy products, and food preparation methods that don’t include frying.
5. Iron: For the elderly, iron deficiency can be seen with those who aren’t eating much. Good sources for iron include lean red meats or breakfast cereals.
6. Zinc: Zinc intake usually is with the elderly, and to make matters worse, it’s not absorbed very well either. Meat, poultry, and fish should be a part of your diet to help you meet zinc requirements.
7. Calcium: Calcium is one ingredient that most elderly folks
only aren’t getting enough of. Most believe that milk upsets their stomach, and therefore they will avoid it. They should be getting around 1,500 mg of calcium a day, and nonfat powdered milk can be used in recipes as a substitute for milk. Other foods such as yogurt, low-fat cheese, and broccoli can also help you meet calcium requirements.
8. Vitamin B12: To absorb the benefits of B12, the
the stomach must produce intrinsic factor. Most older adults suffer from a deficiency in B12 because they have a condition known as atrophic gastritis. This condition causes inflammation of the stomach, bacterial overgrowth, and the intrinsic factor. Without the intrinsic factor, this vitamin can be absorbed.
Each one of the above nutrients is needed to keep an aging body in good health. Elderly individuals should try to stay active and strive for a well-balanced diet. Even though the old body isn’t the same as it used to be, proper care and the right nutrients can help the elderly enjoy a healthy and long life.
About the author: Jenny Gill is an international author with vast experience in diverse subjects.