The NutriSystem Advanced Silver Men’s Over 60 Program is specially designed to help older senior men lose weight simply and conveniently in order to live vibrant, healthy lives. This nutritionally super-charged weight loss program is packed with high protein, fiber and heart healthy fats – and tempered with lower sodium, reduced cholesterol and fewer saturated fats – to help older men shed pounds safely and effectively.
With the Nutrisystem Over 60 For Elderly Men you get FREE vitamins. With every order, you get a 1-month supply of the Nutrihance Over 60 Multivitamin for optimal health.
On this diet men can eat. burgers, pizza, hot dogs, lasagna, pot roast, tacos, scrambled eggs. You choose from over 120 satisfying meals, and you eat more often—6 times a day. How’s that for a man’s diet?
Good carbs. Because it’s based on the breakthrough science of the Glycemic Index, carbs are no longer off limits. That’s right. You can finally eat pasta and pizza and not worry about having your gut hang over your belt buckle.
Home delivery. Whenever you get low on NutriSystem meals and snacks, another batch arrives at your door. You don’t even have to leave that comfortable chair in your living room.
What Do You Need To Know About Senior’s Health
Author: Mansi Gupta
As one progresses in age, he retreats in health or fitness. Though senior citizens are counseled to stay fit, it is barely the case like. Numerous natural transformations occur in the body as it moves towards fragility. For instance, the bones and muscles lose their potential reducing the stamina of the body, the kidneys and other internal organs start malfunctioning and the vigor of the skin recedes.
But the fact is that health is wealth at every stage of life. It is more crucial when one enters into the senior citizens category because there are few caretakers in those times. So, the elderly should concentrate on fitness as much as possible. There are quite a few ways in which the aged can enjoy a good physical and mental health.
1. Health Insurance- it is the first and foremost requirement of every senior citizen. A medical insurance is the greatest friend in the time of need. It can provide you and your family the financial aid in worst times of your life. But one should be pretty careful in purchasing a health care policy. The plan that facilitates maximum benefits should be taken up.
2. Diet and Exercise- the diet of individual varies with the age along with other factors. But at an older age, a person should be extra careful in matters of eating. This is because, the antibodies or the immunity system receives a setback in this age and one becomes more prone to all sorts of illnesses. The diet therefore should be thriving in vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbohydrates. Fats should be strictly avoided as they make one susceptible to numerous diseases particularly heart problems. There must be an extra intake of calcium to support the diluting bones. But a rich diet is not enough. Some exercises should be a part of daily routine in this age. Individuals need to be extra cautious about movements of their limbs for the natural strength and the disease fighting ability of the body keeps on retiring in older ages.
3. Those who have a family history of ailments like prostrate and colon cancer, the diseases that most likely hit men in fifties and above, should get regular medical check ups done. They must follow the doctor’s advice and all the injunctions and prohibitions.
4. Women are more likely to be affected by breast cancer. They also are vulnerable to other diseases due to menopause. Though the course of destiny can never be averted yet prevention should never be ignored. There are some medicines that women should take after menopause in order to minimize the risk factor.
5. Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia are even threatening for women. The former is a fall in certain cognitive brain functions. It is a type of dementia. Dementia impedes an individual’s intellectual functioning and capability to work. These diseases mostly affect women in sixties and above that.Such women gradually become forgetful and incompetent in doing skilful work. As soon as some of these symptoms are evident, doctor should be consulted without delay. Drugs at early stage might stop the situation from worsening.
6. Avoid stress. Stress is as harmful as any other contagious disease. Don’t stoop to drugs so called stress busters. Consult a psychiatrist if conditions run out of control.
About the author: Mansi gupta
Are you an elderly man? Have you lost weight recently on a diet program? Post about it here.